Tuesday, December 2, 2008

We're Heading to China

After waiting a little over a year to met Nathan, we will finally see him on Monday, December 15th! We just got our Travel Approval and our Consulate appointments confirmed yesterday. Jim was stressing out yesterday while making our flight arrangements...today he is fine. I on the other hand am just plain freaking out! All of a sudden it really hit me that we are finally going to get our son. So funny how we've had all of this time and now I feel we don't have enough time to prepare.
We are right in the middle of transitioning Emily into a "big girl" bed. She just moved to a new room and we just got home from a week in Florida. This sounds like I am complaining...which I am not...it's just the fear talking. Frankly I am so unsure of myself at this point. I know in my heart Nathan is our son...it's just the whole trip to China and all of that impacting Emily on top of meeting her older brother. This is so different then our adoption trip to get Emily. I know it's fear and anxiety talking at this point.